Try my IRC server: irc.gelbrackqa.com or use the mibbit web interface.
This is a siri server, not a proxy. It uses Google's speech recognition rather than Apple's.
- Install Spire from cydia.
- In Settings > General > Siri, make sure that Siri is on and set to English (United States). Using any other language will not work.
- In Settings > Spire > Proxy host, enter https://gelbrackqa.com
- Make sure it's https, not http, or it will not work.
- Download ca.pem using Safari on your device, or download to your computer and e-mail it to yourself. Open to install the profile. It will say not trusted, this is normal. It will not work without doing this.
Note that it uses the Google API and not Apple's servers, but it works. This is a beta project, so
new features are liable to pop up at any time, or possibly come to a crashing halt. :)For info on the project, join the IRC channel #SiriServer on Freenode, and/or see the following links:
Read through the common errors section first if you have problems: http://goo.gl/GfqPg
Some basic commands:
"Where is the nearest/closest <hospital, bus station, Pizza Hut, etc>" to find places using Google Places
"What's the weather like" for your local forecast.
"Show me a picture of <whatever>" to display images using Wolfram Alpha.
"Tell me the horoscope for <your sign>" to get your horoscope
"Web search <search term>" opens Safari and searches Google for <search term>
"Movie <movie title>" displays IMDB info for the movie
"Poster <movie title>" displays movie poster
"Create note <text>" Opens notes app and creates a new note containing <text>
"Call <contact>" Opens phone app and calls <contact>
"What time is it" gives the local time
"What time is it in <city, city/state> gives the time in that location
"Set timer for <duration>" sets and displays a timer. "stop timer" pauses, "start timer" resumes. "Show timer" displays timer.
"Where am I" displays your location
"Will you marry me?" Just try it :)
"Tell me a joke" or "tell me a story." self explanatory
"Talk dirty to me" not for minors
"Where can I hide a body" --just in case
"Let's chat" to start talking to Eve. Pretty mindless. Say "stop" to stop.
The most useful feature, to me, is dictation. Open any app that has text entry. You'll notice a microphone icon on the keyboard. Tap it and speak. Note that it's limited to about 10 seconds.
If you're feeling generous, donations are gratefully accepted! :)